We currently have a vacancy for a Project Worker under funding support from the Big Lottery Fund
Please download the application form and relevant documents and return either to
FUNDED BY REACHING COMMUNITIES: PART OF THE BIG LOTTERY FUND
Registered Charity No. 1077122
JOB DESCRIPTION: ‘Hear Our Voice’ PROJECT WORKER
Salary: £21,580 per annum
Normal Hours of work 9am to 4.30pm
Responsible to: Managing Editor
This information is provided to help applicants assess the work content, scope and responsibilities of the above post. Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline all the duties involved in the post, broad descriptions may have been used, which assume all the usual associated routines are included.
Prime Objectives of the Post.
- To undertake detailed oversight, administrative tasks and delivery of the ‘Hear Our Voice’ Project to ensure the smooth running and development of all its services
- To work on developing and delivering, with disabled people, the projects and outcomes within the contract with Reaching Communities
- To advertise the opportunities and then recruit disabled people to join the work groups, organise their training, co-ordinate work ideas raised by those involved, arranging consultations, meetings etc.
- To ensure each person involved has clear induction, training and support
- To work closely with the social worker assigned to this project and other members of the btm team
This is to include:
- ensuring administrative tasks and delivery are kept up to date for the RC contract
- producing, with disabled people a survey of need and the collation of the information which will direct the project
- delivery of training with your co-worker, organising information etc. for the induction sessions, teaching sessions and group work.
- setting up of further focus and work groups to assist and validate the project
- deliver regular reports to the Reaching Communities Fund and BTM Management Committee
SUPERVISION AND GUIDANCE
The post holder will be responsible to the Managing Editor of btm and the organisation’s voluntary management committee.
Regular reviews of work progress and support meetings will be held.
Training in the use of a variety of PC packages will be given, although some knowledge of graphics packages, such as InDesign and Illustrator is expected.
We also encourage you to undertake training appropriate to your development. We will consider this on the basis of mutual benefit.
RANGE OF DUTIES
- The establishment and continued development of the project which will provide accessible information in appropriate written language and audio format. This will be directed by people with learning and other disabilities which make the conventional written word inaccessible, and made available to voluntary organisations, the statutory sector and individuals
- Undertaking recruitment, training and support of participants on the course as well as readers and translators for the services offered.
- Working cooperatively to ensure the evaluation of the service, continual progress in improving delivery as the project matures
- To network with like minded organisations across the district
- Administrative records and other tasks as required
- Bradford Talking Media is a very busy unit and co-operation and participation in / with other aspects of work will be expected.
- Hours of work normally 9am to 4.30.
- Holiday entitlement, after probation, as a full time member of staff 33 working days including Bank Holidays
The contents of this post may change from time to time to meet the needs of the service. The range of duties are therefore subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
« Back to Our Staff Our Location »